ANTHONY C. LOCICERO
Houston TX. 77459
Send e-mail to: TonyL@TonyL.com
Title: Technical Specialist
PB Americas (Parsons Brinckerhoff)
Fleet & Facilities Division, PB Transit & Rail Systems, Inc.
- MCC - Liberal Arts - Science
- Rochester Institute of Technology - Physics Major
- RADA - Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship - five years of classroom and on the job training.
Numerous programs in management, administration, sales, technical and creative writing, Quality Circles, team building, technical specialties such as electrical, air conditioning, LNG, automated maintenance/information systems, computer skills, labor relations, time management, job safety, Hazmat, affirmative action, environmental protection, taxes, and others
- Pilot Ignition Natural Gas Engine Troubleshooting & Repair
- Spectrum Fire Protection Suppression System Troubleshooting & Repair
- Thermo King Troubleshooting & Repair
- Transmission Troubleshooting & Repair
- Lift-U and Ricon lift Training
- Mobile Gas Detection Systems Troubleshooting & Repair
- Applied Electrical Systems Troubleshooting & Repair
- New Flyer Air Systems Troubleshooting & Repair
- Detroit and Cummins Diesel Engines Troubleshooting & Repair
- Propane and Gasoline Engine Troubleshooting & Repair
- Bus body repair & welding, front-end alignment & steering, drive systems, and engine maintenance.
- Advanced vehicle technologies such as J1939, Vansco, IO systems, Allen-Bradley, Clever Devices, Smartire, Geoguidance, E-stroke and many others.
- Fire suppression systems training
- Many other related training segments
I possess a thorough understanding of both technical and managerial requirements and techniques, including labor management, vehicle engineering and specification, information management, ISO compliance, inventory control, budget planning and control, labor relations, quality assurance, preventive maintenance practices and implementation, and production planning and implementation. Have an exceptional ability in the area of labor management and implementation of practices and procedures to set, meet and exceed production goals and quality requirements and to attract, train, motivate, and retain personnel. Have very extensive computer skills, both hardware and software, including programming, web development and database management. I have been responsible for on-site engineering review, construction and specifications compliance, inspection, documentation, correspondences and budget compliance for many vehicle projects.
- FCDOT - Fairfax Virginia - Incoming inspection of a 26-bus order for the first Orion VII 30’ low floor buses and equipped with diesel low emission Cummins ISL engines.
- FCDOT - Fairfax Virginia - Inspector for a 16-bus order for diesel fueled NFA 35’ low floor buses equipped with the first 2007 low emission Cummins ISL engines produced by New Flyer.
- FCDOT - Fairfax Virginia - Inspector for a 52-bus order for diesel fueled NFA 40’ low floor buses equipped with the first 2007 low emission Cummins ISL engines produced by New Flyer.
- CTA - Chicago Transit Authority - main production of New Flyer heavy-duty, 40’ low floor, stainless steel framed - 185 buses with options up to 1100+ buses - 5 year order with options. Performing oversight management and on site inspections. Developed and administered an on-line (secure web site) reporting system to assist with the communications for this build. CTA is known as a very demanding customer. CTA has exercised all options and builds are ongoing with the addition of extra articulated buses and hybrids.
- CTA - Chicago Transit Authority - main production of New Flyer heavy-duty, 40’ low floor, stainless steel framed - 265 buses with options up to 1100+ buses - 5 year order with options. Performing oversight management and on site inspections. Developed and administered an on-line (secure web site) reporting system to assist with the communications for this build.
- CTA - Chicago Transit Authority - 40’ low floor pilot for New Flyer 1100+ bus 5 year order. These are extremely high tech buses with all of the bells and whistles known to the transportation industry. This was the first stainless steel production model delivered by New Flyer and was also equipped with a Cummins ISM engine. All subsystems are J-1939 compliant and communicate. Performed the oversight management and supervised, and performed, on site inspections. Developed and administered an on-line (secure web site) reporting system to assist with the communications for this build.
- Baltimore MTA - Rolling Stock Engineering – Oversight and onsite inspection of structural corrections to 100 stainless steel buses produced by Neoplan. Developed and administer an online (secure web site) reporting system to assist with the communications for this build
- Charlotte Area Transit System, CATS - Charlotte, N. Carolina - Inspector for 30 diesel powered Gillig buses including eight 40’ high floor buses, twenty-one 40’ low floor models and one 29’ diesel, particular trap equipped bus. Developed and administer an online (secure website) reporting system to assist with the communications for this build.
- Marietta, Georgia – CCT - Inspector for an order of diesel fueled New Flyer (Winnipeg Canada and Crookston, MN) 40’ low floor buses
- Marietta, Georgia – CCT - Inspector for an order of diesel fueled NF (St. Cloud, MN) 40’ low floor buses.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority – LACMTA - Inspector for a 20-bus order of CNG-fueled NABI Composition low-floor buses, the first built by NABI.
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority – MBTA - Online Inspections - CNG NABI
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority – LACMTA - Lead Inspector for a 370-bus order of CNG-fueled NABI low-floor buses.
- Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transit Authority – LACMTA - Lead Inspector for a 223-bus order of CNG-fueled New Flyer low-floor buses.
- City of Phoenix - On-line inspection, quality assurance and Buy America services for procurement of paratransit buses.
- RPTA – Phoenix, AZ. On-line inspection, quality assurance and Buy America services for procurement of paratransit buses.
- Delaware Transit - Wilmington, Delaware: on-line inspection services for 35 Champion coaches at Champion in Imlay City, Michigan.
- Delaware Transit - Wilmington, Delaware: on-line inspection services for 45 Cutaway transit vehicles at Supreme Coach in Goshen Indiana
- LACMTA - On-line inspection of 593 CNG-fueled transit buses.
- MBTA - On-line inspection of CNG-fueled transit buses.
- MTA – Houston, TX - As Superintendent of Maintenance assisted in pioneering effort of operating over 300 LNG and CNG fueled revenue vehicles.
- OCTA - Inspection of LNG systems installed at NABI.
- Fairfax Virginia – FCDOT – Technical liaison/auditor for Fairfax County to audit privatized operators of the Fairfax Connector. FCDOT contracts for the operation of their bus system with private corporations. The county owns the buses and facilities but contracts for operations and maintenance of their buses. There is a need for oversight to insure that there is adherence by the contractors to all requirements of these contracts. Fairfax has two transit garages and a third facility is under construction. This task encompasses oversight of manning, vehicle condition and QA compliance, operation cost adherence to contract, service delivery and other relevant items and is a very hands-on position. FCDOT has already extended the period of this contract and has affirmed that they will extend this contract until, at least, the spring of 2009.
- Acquisition Audits - Evaluation of bus operations in Fort Lauderdale, Phoenix, Saint Louis – evaluations of bus maintenance facilities and rolling stock.
- NYCDOT – Onsite fleet assessment of 1300 heavy-duty buses operated by seven private contractors for the New York City Department of Transportation. Acted as onsite Manager of a large inspection crew.
- Acuson (Siemens) – Fleet application assessment.
- AVTA – Bus Turnover Audit.
- MDOT – State of Maryland – Assessment of fleet maintenance at State DOT Garages, Port Authority, Motor Vehicle Department, and Airports. Also evaluated the role played by the Maximo automated information system.
- Fairfax County - Assessment of fleet condition and a complete emissions analysis of all buses.
- Charlotte Area Transit System, CATS - Charlotte, N. Carolina – Developed move in schedule and startup plan to assist CATS with dividing their resources, and with their move into a second, new, facility. Tracked all processes and coordinated the project using state of the art online information tools.
- LACMTA – On-line inspection of 593 CNG-fueled transit buses.
- MBTA – On-line inspection of CNG-fueled transit buses.
- MTA – Houston, TX – As Superintendent of Maintenance assisted in pioneering effort of operating over 300 LNG and CNG fueled revenue vehicles.
- OCTA – Inspection of LNG systems installed at NABI.
- CTA - On-line inspection of parallel and series Hybrid buses for the authority.
1981 – 1995 - Houston Metropolitan Transit Authority:
Prior to joining PB, Tony was the Superintendent of Maintenance for the Metropolitan Transit Authority, Houston, TX. Responsibilities included all aspects of providing reliable, safe, clean, efficient and progressive transit services to the citizens of the Greater Houston area. METRO ran 1,000 transit buses over 60,000,000 miles a year and had a substantial support fleet. At various times, while at Houston METRO, Tony was responsible for inventory (equipment, parts, and vehicles), staffing, safety, training, buildings & grounds, budget, vehicle and building maintenance, varied manual and computer information systems (Project Manager for VMS system design and implementation) and utilities. Opened three new operating divisions handling all related duties to get these on line; several of which set long standing records for quality and efficiency. Tony performed direct hands-on supervision and training of up to 200 mechanics at each facility and was directly responsible for all other personnel involved in the operation of each of the operating facilities. Tony handled all maintenance related customer complaints, involved with defining and letting bid specifications, RFP’s, procurement contracts for facilities, parts, tools and support equipment, fuel and vehicles valued at close to one half billion dollars. Tony also redefined Union/Management roles and contracts with an excellent record of winning arbitrations and reduced grievance filings significantly through management techniques such as Quality Circles and improved communication pathways. Tony was involved in such technical advances as liquid natural gas (LNG), articulated buses, wheelchair lifts, compressed natural gas (CNG), computerized fare collection, vehicle locator systems, automated maintenance and computerized on-board maintenance information systems.
Tony was a Garage Supervisor of the RTA. As a Garage Supervisor, Tony was responsible for the maintenance of a 250-bus fleet in a 24-hour a day, 7 day a week operation.
Tony was a Service Manager at Palmyra Motors, Palmyra, NY. Tony hired to expand the service department to 24 hour a day, 7 day a week operation for one of the largest dealership in the country. Lines included Chrysler, Plymouth, Chevrolet, Oldsmobile, Mercedes, Lamborghini, Maserati, and Winnebago. It was also one of the largest Rolls Royce dealerships in the world. The organization delivered over 10,000 new and used vehicles per year, nationally and internationally.
Prior to joining PB, Tony was a Mechanic/Service Writer/Shop Foreman for Lou Holtz Buick, Rochester, NY. Tony started as a mechanic, progressed to flat-rate mechanic, service writer and shop foreman. Facility used as a preproduction field test center by General Motors due to expertise and high quality standards.